Brighten up your life with sun tunnels and skylights
Research shows that sunlight improves your mental and physical health. Having more sunlight in your home can bring tremendous value to your life. Velux Skylights and Sun Tunnels are a great way to add light to your home and lighten your mood. Since these skylights do not require electricity, you enjoy the added benefit of natural light, and reduce your carbon footprint, making you an earth-friendly hero!
Benefits of Sun Tunnels and Skylights
- Sun Tunnels are fitted into the ceiling like a recessed light, making them perfect for hallways, bathrooms, and laundry rooms. Skylights are larger and are perfect for living rooms, kitchens, and offices.
- All Velux products come with a 20-year warranty.
- Options for skylights include fixed skylights that bring in sunshine, and manual or solar-powered “Fresh Air” Skylights that can be opened to allow airflow from outside. These come with a variety of options such as blinds and sun shades.
- These units are made with impact-resistant glass, meeting all Florida hurricane codes, and are ENERGY STAR™ approved, so heat is blocked while letting in natural light.
- The solar-powered options may be eligible for the Federal Residential Solar Energy Credit.
You care about your home and you don’t want just anyone cutting holes into your roof. Having a trustworthy and reliable roofing contractor is key when installing skylights and sun tunnels. Reliant is the highest rated roofing contractor in Northeast Florida and is a Velux Certified Installer. We will properly install skylights and sun tunnels that provide long-term, no-leak performance with industry-leading warranties and peace of mind.
Installation includes work being done on the roof and within your home.
First our experts help you determine the best location in your home. Then a hole is cut in the roof and the skylight or sun tunnel is installed with a leak barrier for protection. Options for installation include pan-flashed, deck mounted, or curb mounted. The installation methods vary depending on the roof pitch, light shaft depth, and product being installed.
Next, interior work is performed to properly finish the wall around the skylight or sun tunnel, including painting.
Rest assured, we will protect your home inside and out to prevent damage and keep your home clean and free of dust.
Replacing a Skylight or Sun Tunnel
Existing skylights and sun tunnels can be replaced at any time and do not need to wait for a roof replacement. We will remove the existing Skylight or Sun Tunnel and install a new Velux product, while ensuring a water tight seal and a new warranty.
Add value to your home and health by inviting more natural light into your living spaces!